Paul is a noted expert in interpreting the Bible through the lens of René Girard’s Mimetic Theory, with an eye to both theology and anthropology. A student of Girard’s work for over 20 years, Paul has built and maintains this website, Girardian Reflections on the Lectionary, which receives an average of 600 visits each day from people across denominations and around the world. Recently retired after 30 years of parish ministry in ELCA congregations, he is now able to devote full-time to his passion for spreading the Gospel of peace and justice, which he believes is at the heart of Jesus’ faith. With the birth of Paul’s new ministry, Discipleship Seminars in Mimetic Theory. He is the Contributing Theologian for Theology and Peace, Paul has also served on the Board of the Colloquium on Violence and Religion.
- The Most Important Passage in the Bible
- Have a Courageous New Year! —Belatedly
- Christmas and Becoming Human
- Bill Fried’s Powerful Reflection on the 2016 Theology & Peace Conference: People & Policing
- The Parable of the Pharisee and Tax Collector, N.T. Wright’s Latest Book, and the Idolatry of Anti-Idolatry
paulnue56 on “The Faithfulness of Jesus Chr… robin riley on “The Faithfulness of Jesus Chr… paulnue56 on “The Faithfulness of Jesus Chr… glenage on “The Faithfulness of Jesus Chr… paulnue56 on “The Faithfulness of Jesus Chr…
Follow #EMBRACINGWECENTRICITY on TwitterMy Tweets