THE 2017 THEOLOGY & PEACE CONFERENCE “EMBRACING WE-CENTRICITY: Practices that NURTURE the COMMON GOOD.”
How do we TRANSCEND political rivalry and polarizing rhetoric? Join us as we EXPLORE SPIRITUAL PRACTICES that HEAL division and distrust.
Monday, MAY 22, 3PM — Thursday, May-25, 12PM at TECHNY TOWERS, CHICAGO [View Conference Schedule]
Watching Film as Spiritual Practice: Film Viewing (film TBA) followed by discussion led by Sister Rose Pacatte. Monday evening, May 22nd.
Tuesday Morning Concurrent Seminars in Mimetic Theory:
- Introduction to Mimetic Theory Seminar: A free 3-hour seminar offered Tuesday morning, May 23rd. Led by author James Warren. A popular feature of Theology & Peace conferences, MT 101 serves as an introduction to Mimetic Theory, the anthropological understanding at the heart of Theology & Peace. (Continental breakfast provided.)
- Advanced Mimetic Theory Seminar: A 3-hour seminar offered Tuesday morning, May 23rd. Led by Theology & Peace Contributing Theologian, the Rev. Paul Nuechterlein. Participants already versed in René Girard’s groundbreaking insights will discuss the conference theme in light of recent publications on Mimetic Theory.
Daily Plenary Presentations: Keynote speakers will be followed by moderated question and answer discussions.
- Sereta Richardson — Circle Processes
- Brian Robinette and Father Martin Laird — Contemplative Practice
- Jonathan Brenneman — Christian Peacemaking and Activism
Worship: On Wednesday evening, May 24, Elder CW Harris will lead a Liturgy Celebrating the Legacy of Gordon Cosby including an ecumenical communion led by .
Bible Study: Theology & Peace president Susan Wright will lead a study of Biblical Wisdom Practices.